Sunday, June 19, 2011

Contest Day One

This past spring I entered a local art contest due at the end of the month. At the time, I didn't realize that the month of June would be spent changing jobs, creating multiple nursery pieces and painting graduation caps. All good things, but busy! Now, I have one week and an entire artwork to create... so, to the phone calls, texts and facebook messages I ignore, I apologize. I promise to enter the world again once this is done. I'm afraid that the local beaches and pools will be a distraction this week, so I'm going to try to blog every morning showing the work from the previous day. Hopefully the pressure of daily posting will encourage me to work as quickly as possible! 



Here is the sketch of the wall hanging. There will be a lot of traditional fiber techniques, but I plan to use photo transfers for New Point Comfort Lighthouse and the seagulls.  (This was also an opportunity to play with my new camera.) I haven't done a lot with photo transfers but I am excited to start. The downside are the 400 seagull photos that I am about to start going through....

No comments:

Post a Comment